Friday, April 9, 2010

Foolish Friday


Knock knock jokes can be useful if you know how to adapt them to the situation. Take the following for instance:

Knock knock !
Who's there ?
Police.
Police who ?
Police stop telling me these awful knock knock jokes !

Since "police" substitutes directly for the word "please" you can change the ending to anything you like. For example:  

"Police stop making so much noise in the back seat because I'm trying to drive"

"Police finish your homework or you will be sitting there until next Tuesday."

"Police stopping making faces at your sister or you will be getting a time out."

Feel free to leave me a comment on how you plan to use your newly acquired knock knock versatility.

Caleb last week enjoying the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC

Yesterday I helped chaperone a 3rd grade Field Trip to Red Rock Canyon.  I would like you all to know that my inventory of knock knock jokes came in very handy on the bus trip back to school!

2 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a versatile knock,knock joke! Great photo of Caleb...he's looking very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good one to add to my stock!! Love the picture - I am jealous... we did not make down to D.C. for the festival this year! (I missed buying my cherry blossom soap at the Smithsonian!)

    ReplyDelete