Saturday, January 30, 2010

Children's Drawings

My son is not fond of doing art. Since I majored in art that's something of a disappointment to me. But lately he has come up with some pretty cool drawings so I have to take the opportunity to show one off. Today he finished this drawing to send to the little girl we sponsor through Compassion International in Peru. Is it just me or is there a little Van Gogh in this?

This is a drawing of one of the floating reed islands of the Uros that we visited in Peru last summer. Below are a couple of photos we took there for comparison.


The next drawing is from our sweet sponsored child in Peru. She's four years old. We love getting letters and drawings from her.


Below are a couple of pictures we took in Arequipa, Peru to show you they really do use the colors she drew on the houses there.


4 comments:

  1. Definitely see a bit of Van Gogh there! I love the boat...and the sun rays...and the lovely colors in the 4 yr old's drawing. I love the way children see things. Wish we could remember how to see the world that way when we get older. Perhaps the great artists don't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did a great job! My 7 year old is a wonderful artist, but, according to him, "Art is my worst subject!" Kids! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! I do love the way children see things through their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome, kids are great!
    Just wanted you to know, I've given you the blogger Sunshine award! Please take a look...
    http://paperonparade.blogspot.com/2010/02/blogger-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete